2019-2020 Undergraduate Bulletin [Archived Bulletin]
Online Bachelor’s Degree Completion
At Hamline, we value your perspective and life experience and have customized a pathway to meet you where you are in your educational journey—whether you’re finishing a degree you started years ago or transferring from a community college.
With Hamline’s online degree completion program, you’ll find the path that’s right for you, featuring:
- A liberal arts education grounded in career-enhancing competencies such as critical thinking, collaborative problem-solving, and communications skills across platforms.
- Sought-after business and psychology majors that will give you a competitive edge.
- An array of core curriculum courses to expand your opportunities and advance your career.
- Reliable support when you need it.
The program is offered fully online. Courses are taught in eight-week sessions with six sessions per year (two sessions each in fall, spring, and summer semesters). See the Academic Calendars for specific session dates.
Students choose the pace that fits best with their schedule; they may enroll part-time, full-time, or alternate. Students may take up to two courses per eight-week session, and are considered full-time if enrolled in 12 or more credits across a 16-week semester.
There are two degree options in the Online Degree Completion program:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
A Hamline degree requires a minimum of 128 semester credits and a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0. All students are required to complete a minimum of 56 credits at Hamline, including at least 16 credits within their major. Each major has a set of required courses that must be satisfied either by taking courses through Hamline or transferring in qualifying courses.