Student Accounts Office
113E East Hall
Complete tuition and fee information is provided at www.hamline.edu/tuition.
On Campus Programs Tuition and Fees
Tuition Rates 2022-2023
Full-Time Students, fall and spring (12-18 credits per semester)
- Per year - $45,540
- Per semester - $22,770
Note: Students who register for more than 18 credits in fall or spring will be charged the fall or spring per-credit rate for each additional credit. For specific details, see: https://www.hamline.edu/registration-records/registration-information/undergraduate/
Part-Time Students, fall and spring (less than 12 credits per semester)
- Per credit - $1,423
- Audit charge per course - $250
Winter and May Terms
Yearly Fees 2022-2023
- New student fee - $225
- Student Activity Fee - $354
- Health Services Fee - $256 (full-time) / $199 (part-time)
- Facilities Fee - $128 (full-time) / $77 (part-time)
- Technology Fee - $ 338 (full-time) / $197 (part-time)
- Book Rental Fee (fall and spring, estimated) - $720 (full-time) / $450 (part-time)
- Book Rental Fee (winter, estimated) - $65
- Health Insurance* (optional, estimated) - $2,550
- International Student Fee (as applicable) - $ 330
*Note: All students are required to have health and accident insurance and will be charged for Hamline insurance coverage. Students who have their own insurance will have the opportunity to go online and waive this insurance fee. If students do not submit an online waiver request, they will be enrolled in the school policy and will be responsible for the cost of that coverage. Hamline does not carry insurance on the personal property of faculty, students, or staff and is not responsible for the loss or damage of such property.
Online Bachelor’s Degree Completion Programs Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fee Rates 2022-2023
- Online Degree Completion Tuition, per credit - $480
- Para Pathway Tuition, per credit - $598
- Book Fees - variable
- Course Materials Fees (as applicable) - variable
Room and Board 2022-2023
- Residence Hall Single Room - $6,220
- Residence Hall Double, Triple, Quad Room - $5,150
- Residence Hall Meal Plan* - $6,063
- 75 Block Meal Plan** - $4,484
- Mandatory Commuter Declining Balance - $200
Returning students are charged a cancellation fee if, during spring room selection, they reserve a room for the subsequent year and cancel that reservation after May 1, but prior to occupancy. Damage to a room or its furnishings, beyond ordinary wear and tear, will be charged to the student.
*Students living in residence halls are required to have a meal plan through Dining Services. For more information, please contact Residential Life.
**The 75 Block Meal Plan is available to third year, fourth year and graduate students only.
Prior to the start of each term an E-bill showing charges and estimated financial aid is prepared for each student by the student accounts office. Hamline students may select one of the following payment options:
- Semester payment plan-fall term due August 15 and spring term due January 15 as billed; or
- Installment plan-tuition, fees, room and board are paid in monthly payments through Nelnet/Tuition Management Systems for an annual fee.
For students who officially withdraw from the university during a term, the amount of tuition owed is calculated from the date on record of their withdrawal or leave, not from the date the student ceases to attend classes. Students who officially withdraw from classes before the end of the 10th day of class for on campus programs, or the before the end of the 6th day of class for online degree completion programs, will not be responsible for any tuition charges. After that date, the amount of tuition owed will be calculated based on the withdrawal date. Students who withdraw from full-semester courses after 8 weeks of the term have passed will be responsible for all tuition charges. Deadlines for 1/2 term or shorter courses are determined by the length of the course. Refer to the Tuition Charge Withdrawal Policy for more information and deadlines.
The same schedule is used to calculate the amount of tuition owed when a student drops from full-time to part-time or from overload to full-time.
Financial aid will be canceled or prorated as required by the programs. See the financial aid instruction guide for details.
Student fees and mandatory commuter declining balance assessed by the university or the Student Congress are not refundable.
Any discounts applied will be removed and not prorated in the withdrawal calculation.
It is important that students register during the stated registration periods. Students who fail to complete registration changes (add, drop, and withdraw) by the published deadlines must petition for a late registration change and will be charged a $50 late registration fee.
Late Payment Policy
Late payment penalties are imposed thirty days after the start of fall and spring semesters. For account balances of $1000 or more, a late payment fee of 5% (up to $500) will be assessed.