Hamline University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), an independent corporation that accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the United States. More information about Hamline University’s accreditation status may be found on the HLC website. The Commission is located at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1413 and can be reached at 800-621-7440.
Hamline University is also accredited or approved by the:
- American Bar Association
- American Chemical Society
- Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation
- Minnesota Board of School Administrators
- Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board
- National Association of Schools of Music
- North American Association for Environmental Education
- University Senate of the United Methodist Church
The university holds memberships in the:
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers
- American Association of Higher Education
- Associated New American Colleges and Universities
- American Council on Education
- College Board of Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Minnesota Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- National Association for College Admission Counseling
- National Council on Undergraduate Research
Hamline’s schools may have additional accreditation in specialized areas. Please contact the dean’s office of each respective school for a complete listing. Hamline University is approved for attendance of non-immigrant foreign students under the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Hamline University is registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions. Minnesota Office of Higher Education, 1450 Energy Park Dr., Suite 350, Saint Paul, MN 55108; www.ohe.state.mn.us; 651-642-0533.